Welcome to Art of Pilates Long Island
Art of Pilates Long Island is a studio where you can achieve and discover the perfect balance of mind & body as one. We host our classes in a small intimate group setting which ensures a personalized workout with highly effective results.
Pilates is a safe and effective whole body workout for all ages and levels of fitness. The source of all movement in pilates flows from the center of the body creating strength and a sense of calm and well being. The Pilates Reformer is an exercise machine used to incorporate the Pilates exercise technique for a challenging and intense workout. Springs, leverage, and body weight is used as a resistance while performing movements targeting specific muscle groups. Workouts consist of controlled, flowing movements working your muscles through a full range of motion. The reformer adds increased resistance to the movement. By working to overcome this resistance, training results in increased fitness levels.
- Corrects posture and alignment.
- Assists in the prevention of osteoporosis and injury through resistance training.
- Strengthens, tones and elongates all muscles in the body.
- Increases range of motion and flexibility.
- Achieves greater results than yoga or weight training alone.
- Builds a stronger, leaner, and healthier body.
- Develops core strength without adding bulk.
- Improves posture and balance
- Injury rehabilitation and prevention.
- Pre and post-pregnancy abdominal strengthening.
- Reduces stress.